The number of people sickened in a salmonella outbreak linked
to raw chicken products now stands at 92 people in 29 states
Viruses, bacteria, and fungi can all cause skin infections.
But there are some things you can do to avoid them
Breast Cancer Quiz
Increase your awareness this month
by testing your medical knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Polio-Like Virus Spreading
HPV Vaccine, Early Sex?
Dietary Supplement Warning
Is Gout Genetic or Dietary?
Nose Picking Can Be Deadly
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Tommy John Surgery: What Is Tommy John Surgery
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms: 16 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Fever: What Are the Symptoms of Fever?
- Pinched Nerve: How to Fix a Pinched Nerve
- What Is Down Syndrome?: Understand Down Syndrome Causes and Symptoms
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Is Low Blood Pressure Dangerous?
- Marijuana (Cannabis): What Are Long Term Side Effects of Marijuana?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart