Protect Your Eyesight
Eye diseases can cause damage and blindness if not treated
soon enough. See warning signs of the most common conditions
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Keep Hypertension at Bay
Heart Defects and COVID-19 Severity
Is Apathy an Early Sign of Dementia?
No More Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes?
Recall Widens for Diabetes Drug
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Osteoporosis: What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is the Main Cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Liver Blood Tests: Can a Liver Blood Test Detect Liver Damage?
- Hepatitis B: Is Hepatitis B Curable?
- CRP Test: What Does a High CRP Level Mean?
- Tonsil Stones: What Are Symptoms of Tonsil Stones?
- Water and Weight Loss: How Much Water Should You Drink Based on Your Weight?
- Stress Relief: How Do You Instantly Relieve Stress?
- Food Poisoning: What Causes Food Poisoning?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings