One hundred people across 33 states have now
fallen ill with salmonella after eating cereal
Why Are These Diseases Coming Back?
The plague, scarlet fever, mumps and others -- more people seem to be coming down with thes serious diseases that had looked to be on the way out
Health News of the Week
Lyme-Bearing Ticks Widespread
Hypertension Link to Alzheimer's
Are You Using Sunscreen Wrong?
Why Do Armpits Stink?
Danger of BBQ Grill Cleaners
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Uterine Cancer: What Are Early Signs of Uterine Cancer?
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Is There a Cure for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Breast Cancer: Inflammatory Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): How Do You Get Rid of a UTI?
- Myxedema Coma: What Is a Myxedema Coma?
- Canker Sores: How to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- West Nile Virus: Symptoms and Causes of West Nile Virus
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart