UC is a form of inflammatory bowel disease and is slightly different than Crohn's disease. Learn about causes, symptoms, and treatment options
Hepatitis C Quiz
This chronic condition affects one of the body's largest organs.
Test your hep C knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
J&J Vaccine: Rare Blood Clot Signs
Your ZIP Code Affects Brain Health
Gum Disease and Alzheimer's Linked
J&J COVID Vaccine Pause Proposed
Refocus on Getting Fit
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- COVID-19 Supplements: 20 Vitamins and Supplements for COVID-19
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Are Rheumatoid Arthritis Diets and Treatments?
- Stomach Cancer: What Are the Early Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: What Are the Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Sunburn Relief: 30 Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Dementia: 18 Early Warning Signs and Stages of Dementia
- Dry Skin: How Do You Fix Dry Skin?
- Scabies: How to Get Rid of Scabies Rash
- Medicinal Mushroom: What Is the Best Medicinal Mushroom?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings