Best Time to Exercise
Many studies have tried to pinpoint the best time
of day to exercise for peak performance and best results
High Blood Pressure
Nearly half of Americans now have
hypertension, based on new guidelines
Test your medical knowledge to better
understand diabetes and if you're at risk
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Reduce Weight, Reduce Breast Cancer
Tough Flu Season Ahead
Smoggy Walk Health Hazard
Obamacare Individual Mandate
Gum Disease Deadly Illness
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Pityriasis Rosea: What Causes Pityriasis Rosea?
- Heart Attack Symptoms : 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Stomach Flu: How Is Stomach Flu Treated?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Laryngitis: What Are Symptoms and Signs of Laryngitis?
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Does a High Creatinine Level Mean?
- Listeria (Listeriosis): How Do You Know If You Have Listeria?
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Some Thyroid Problems?
- Nosebleeding: How to Stop a Nosebleed
- Ringworm: What Is the Treatment for Ringworm?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart