MS is an autoimmune disease that attacks the nerves
of the central nervous system. Learn about the 4 types
Health News of the Week
What Works Best for Migraines?
Absorbing Toxins From Your Makeup?
Alzheimer's Vaccine Development
Signs of Sleep Apnea
Yearly COVID Booster Vaccine
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Liver Blood Tests: Can a Liver Blood Test Detect Liver Damage?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: 11 Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Epidemic vs Pandemic: What Is the Difference Between an Epidemic and a Pandemic?
- Sleep Problems: What to Do When You Can’t Fall Asleep
- Psychology of Color: What Is the Psychology of Color?
- Baby Talk Milestones: When Do Babies Say Their First Word?
- Benefits of Exercise: What Are 8 Benefits of Exercise?
- Unhealthy Habits: What Are the Top 6 Bad Habits?
- Keratitis : What Causes Keratitis in the Eye?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings