Viruses, bacteria, and fungi can all cause skin infections.
But there are some things you can do to avoid them
Breast Cancer Quiz
Increase your awareness this month
by testing your medical knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Dietary Supplement Warning
Is Gout Genetic or Dietary?
Nose Picking Can Be Deadly
Insulin Storage Mistake to Avoid
Flea-Borne Typhus Outbreak
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms: 16 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Muscle Cramps: Symptoms and Prevention of Muscle Cramps
- Gout Symptoms: Symptoms and Signs of Gout
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Is Low Blood Pressure Dangerous?
- Root Canal: How Do You Know If You Would Need a Root Canal?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart