Newly identified genes suggest that an inflammatory
response and changes in the production of certain proteins
contribute to brain deterioration in Alzheimer's patients
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Does the Tdap Vaccine Cause Autism?
Opioid-Addicted Pregnancies Quadruple
Exercise Away the Blues
New Tick Species Spreading in U.S.
Blood Test Spots Heart Attack
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Canker Sores: What Causes Canker Sores?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: What Are the Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 16 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Thyroid Disorders: 30 Thyroid Disorder Symptoms
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Rash: Get Facts About Rash Symptoms
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart