Viruses, particularly herpesviruses, could play a
key role in the development of Alzheimer's disease
High Blood Pressure
What can hypertension do to your body? HBP can put you at
risk for a number of serious conditions. Here's what to look out for
Hearing Loss Quiz
Are men or women more likely to experience
hearing loss? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Salmonella Outbreak Expands
First Case of Keystone Virus
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance
'Gaming Disorder' Mental Condition
Brains Love Fat-Carb Combo
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): How Do You Get Rid of a UTI?
- Bleeding During Pregnancy: 8 Causes and Symptoms of Bleeding During Early Pregnancy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Causes Low Blood Pressure?
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Muscle Cramps: Symptoms and Prevention of Muscle Cramps
- Boils (Skin Abscesses): Boil Symptoms and Signs
- Kidney Stones: What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones?
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart