In a report warning of a possible Parkinson's 'pandemic,'
the stage is set for cases to surge to 12 million or more by 2040
See 16 bad habits that might be preventing
your joints from working their best
Health News of the Week
Flu Shot Much More Effective
Diet Soda and Stroke Risk
Was LASIK Approval a Mistake?
Illegal Alzheimer's Products Warning
Has Flu Season Peaked Yet?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Early Signs of Diabetes: 4 Early Signs of Diabetes
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Symptoms and Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Upper Respiratory Infection: How Is an Upper Respiratory Infection Diagnosed?
- Swine Flu: H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms
- Gastritis: What Causes Gastritis?
- Bronchitis: Symptoms of Acute Bronchitis
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart