Is It a Cold or Flu?
Amid the sniffles, coughing and fever, it's sometimes difficult
to determine whether you have the common cold or the flu
Cold & Flu
Caring for a sick child brings extra stress and worry for everyone
in the family. Try these home remedies to help ease symptoms
Health News of the Week
Shift on Medicaid Work Requirement
Severe Flu Season Expands
Ibuprofen Linked to Infertility
Big Strides in Diabetes Care
Severe E. Coli Outbreak
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Yeast Infection: What Are the Symptoms of Yeast Infection?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Stomach Flu: How Is Stomach Flu Treated?
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): How Do You Get Rid of a UTI?
- Blood in Stool: Causes and Treatments of Rectal Bleeding
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Liver Disease: What Is Liver Disease?
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Some Thyroid Problems?
- Ringworm: What Is the Treatment for Ringworm?
- Abdominal Pain: Understanding Causes and Treatments
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart