Health Home and Family
Your phone, toilets, refrigerator, pillows, TV remote and
more. How often should you clean these things?
Trauma and First Aid Quiz
How much do you know about emergency
conditions and supplies?
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Best Way to Track Blood Pressure
'Superbug' House Mice Poop
Mono Linked to 7 Diseases
Romaine Lettuce Tied to E. Coli Outbreak
Multistate E. Coli Outbreak
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF): What Is Congestive Heart Failure?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Are Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels?
- Hair Loss (Alopecia): What Are Causes and Risk Factors for Hair Loss?
- Heart Attack Symptoms : 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms and Signs of Vitamin D Deficiency
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: What Are the Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Heat Rash: Symptoms and Home Remedies for Heat Rash
- Salmonella: What Causes Salmonella?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart