Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune
disease that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
Health News of the Week
We Started Loving Carbs Long Ago
COVID Vaccine for Ages 12 to 15
Meds That Raise Blood Pressure
'Atypical' Heart Attack Symptoms
'Best Before' Food Labels
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Rotavirus Infection: How Do You Get a Rotavirus Infection?
- Stool Color Changes: What Causes Stool Color Changes?
- Early Signs of Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant?
- Spina Bifida: What Are the Symptoms of Spina Bifida Occulta?
- Fibromyalgia: What Foods Are Good for Fibromyalgia?
- Kidney Health: What Fruit Is Good for the Kidneys?
- Ringing in the Ears: What Vitamin Deficiency Causes Ringing in the Ears?
- Blood Pressure: Which Is More Important: Systolic or Diastolic Blood Pressure?
- Vitamin K: What Is Vitamin K Good For?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings