Adopt a Dog, Lengthen Your Life
New research suggests that having a dog
might boost a single person's life span
Am I Having a Heart Attack?
With heart disease as the leading cause of death inthe U.S.,
here are 12 possible warning symptoms to never ignore
Health News of the Week
The 'Fountain of Youth' Gene
Potential Alzheimer's Breakthrough
High Blood Pressure Stats
Can Sex Trigger a Heart Attack?
Smog May Harm Bones, Too
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Is Low Blood Pressure?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Popcorn Lung: What Is Popcorn Lung? What Causes It?
- Liver Disease: Read About the Symptoms of Liver Disease
- Heart Attack Symptoms : 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Plague (Black Death): Symptoms and Signs of Plague
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Yellow Fever: Read About Yellow Fever Symptoms and Treatment
- Swine Flu: Symptoms of Swine Flu and the Latest News
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart