Why Are These Diseases Coming Back?
The plague, scarlet fever, mumps and others -- more people seem to be coming down with these serious diseases that looked to be on the way out
Health News of the Week
FDA Recalls Some Heart Drugs
Cereal Recall Due to Salmonella
Lyme-Bearing Ticks Widespread
Hypertension Link to Alzheimer's
Are You Using Sunscreen Wrong?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Canker Sores: How to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Causes Low Blood Pressure?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
- Constipation Remedy: Home Remedies for Constipation Relief
- Psoriasis: What Are Psoriasis Causes and Risk Factors?
- Menstruation: What Is Menstruation?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart