Frozen or Fresh?
When it comes to buying food, fresh is always best.
Or is it? See which foods may be better when frozen
Health News of the Week
Pain Relief: Cold vs. Heat
'Smartphone Slouching' Health Risks
How Your Dog Extends Your Life
Protect Yourself From the Flu
Washing Machine Germs
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Sinus Infection: How to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Triggers Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare-ups?
- Ear Infection: What Are Symptoms of an Ear Infection in Adult?
- BMI Calculator: What Is the Correct BMI for My Age?
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms and Signs of Vitamin D Deficiency
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax): How Serious Is a Pneumothorax (Collapsed Lung)?
- Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS): Signs of Toxic Shock Syndrome
- Typhoid Fever: What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Typhoid Fever?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings