Ground Beef Recall
More than 132,000 pounds of ground beef have been
recalled for E. coli with one person killed and 17 sickened
A Nap a Day
Napping isn't just for babies. Studies show a short mid-
afternoon nap can offer an array of health benefits
Multiple Sclerosis Quiz
Multiple sclerosis is a debilitating neurological condition.
Take the MS quiz to test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Fitter Folks, Milder Strokes
500 More Genes Linked to Blood Pressure
Air Pollutants Reach Placenta
Daily Low-Dose Aspirin
Flooding, Florence's Big Danger
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
- Brain Tumor: Symptoms and Signs of a Brain Tumor
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): How Can You Raise Low Blood Pressure?
- Bleeding During Early Pregnancy: 8 Causes and Symptoms of Bleeding During Early Pregnancy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms: 16 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Gout Symptoms: The Symptoms and Signs of Gout
- Menstruation: Why Do Periods Happen?
- Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD): Is Hand, Foot, and Mouth (HFMD) Contagious?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart