Throughout her lifetime, a woman has a 1 in 8 risk of developing
breast cancer. Here are 10 things young women should know
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
E. Coli Outbreak Broadens
Should You Skip Breakfast?
When Is Online Gaming an Addiction?
Best Way to Track Blood Pressure
'Superbug' House Mice Poop
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Early Signs of Pregnancy: 16 Signs and Symptoms of Early Pregnancy
- Brain Hemorrhage (Bleeding): What Causes Bleeding in the Brain (Brain Hemorrhage)?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 12 Early Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thyroid Blood Tests: What Are Thyroid Tests?
- E. Coli: 25 Early and Late Symptoms of E. Coli
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms and Signs of Vitamin D Deficiency
- Stroke Symptoms: 14 Warning Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- Anencephaly: What Is Anencephaly?
- Hepatitis A : Vaccine for Hepatitis A and Liver Disease
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart