Lung cancer deaths account for a quarter of all American cancer deaths, killing more people every year than prostate, breast, and colon cancer combined
Health News of the Week
Vitamin D Levels and COVID-19 Risk
Should You Buy Memory Supplements?
Diabetes Drug Protects Aging Brains
Once-a-Week Insulin for Diabetes
Too Much or Too Little Sleep Bad for Brains
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Hiccups: How to Get Rid of Hiccups
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet
- Torn ACL: Signs of a Torn ACL
- Skin Rash: What Is the Most Common Skin Rash?
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms and Signs of Low Vitamin D
- Stress Signs and Symptoms: The Effects of Stress: 15 Signs and Symptoms
- Prostate Problem: What Are the First Signs of Prostate Problems?
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 20 Benefits of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar
- First Signs of Prostate Problems: What Are the First Signs of Prostate Problems?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings