Don't just focus on the scale. Pay attention to these
15 numbers that matter as much as your weight
How much do you know about this genetic
blood disorder? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
5 Diet Foods High in Fiber
Fish, Fish Oil, and Vitamin D
Time to Burn Calories
Germs in Your Showerhead
Food Recall Due to Salmonella
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Hiccups: How to Get Rid of Hiccups
- Nosebleeding: How to Stop a Nosebleed
- How to Stop Coughing: 19 Tips on How to Stop Coughing
- Knee Injury: Types of Knee Injuries and Recovery Time
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Upper Respiratory Infection: How Is an Upper Respiratory Infection Diagnosed?
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Ebola Virus : Symptoms and Signs of Ebola Virus
- Hemoglobin A1c Test: Read About Hemoglobin A1c Test for Diabetes
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart