Why Are These Diseases Coming Back?
The measles, plague, scarlet fever, mumps, and more -- more people seem to be coming down with thes serious diseases that had looked to be on the way out
Health News of the Week
Protect DNA From Lifestyle Factors
Just 300 Fewer Calories...
Sodas, Juices Tied to Cancer Risk
Give Up Alcohol, Boost Mental Health
Dangerous UTIs Follow You Home
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Prostate Cancer: What Are the Risk Factors for Prostate Cancer?
- Sunburn Relief: 30 Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Pregnancy Planning: 12 Pregnancy Planning Tips
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF): 12 Signs and Symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure
- Thyroid Disease Symptoms: 30 Thyroid Disorder Symptoms and Signs
- Broken Bone: How Can You Tell You Have a Broken Bone?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Chiggers Bites: What Are Home Remedies and Treatments?
- Hemoglobin: How to Increase Hemoglobin Levels
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings