Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune
disease that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
Heart Disease Quiz
Test your heart health knowledge on the
#1 killer of men and women in the U.S.
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Obesity Will Shorten Your Life
Turkey Recall Due to Salmonella
Undiagnosed With Prediabetes
Urgent Need for Blood Donations
5 Diet Foods High in Fiber
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Pinkeye: What Are Symptoms and Signs of Pinkeye?
- Rheumatoid Factor (RF): What Is the Normal Range for Rheumatoid Factor?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Symptoms and Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Asperger Syndrome: What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Asperger Syndrome?
- Colitis: What Is the Main Cause of Colitis?
- Spondylolisthesis: Is Spondylolisthesis Curable?
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): What Is Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
- Aerobic Exercise: How Much Aerobic Exercise Do You Need to Gain Benefits?
- PSA Test: What Is a Good PSA Level?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart