See 16 bad habits that might be
preventing your joints from working their best
Health News of the Week
Obesity Linked to Cancers
Raw Cookie Dough Dangers
How Safe Are Statins?
Blood Pressure Drug Recall Grows
Kidney Disease Claiming More Lives
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- HIV Symptoms: What Are the Signs and Symptoms of HIV?
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: Is It Possible to Prevent Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Symptoms and Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Aerobic Exercise: How Much Aerobic Exercise Do You Need?
- Pulmonary Edema: What Causes Pulmonary Edema?
- Stool Color Changes: What Does Color of Stool Indicate?
- Gallbladder Symptoms: What Causes Gallbladder Problems?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Ascites: What Is Ascites?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart