Do people who get the flu vaccine every year
'weaken' their immune system over time?
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune
disease that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
Heart Disease Quiz
It's the #1 killer of men and women in
the US. Test your heart health knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
More Weight, More Mammograms
Adopt a Dog, Lengthen Your Life
The 'Fountain of Youth' Gene
Potential Alzheimer's Breakthrough
High Blood Pressure Stats
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Iron Overload (Herediatary Hemochromatosis): Symptoms and Signs of Hemochromatosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- PSA Test: How Is PSA Test Measured?
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Does a High Creatinine Level Mean?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Some Thyroid Problems?
- Chlamydia in Women: What Are Signs and Symptoms of Chlamydia?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): Is Shingles Contagious?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart