How Flu Spreads
In the midst of an especially tough flu season, here's more bad news: Researchers say it may be possible to spread the virus simply by breathing
See 16 bad habits that might be preventing
your joints from working their best
Health News of the Week
8 Cancer Blood Test
Blood Test Spots Colon Cancer
Sleep Better, Lose Weight?
Hold That Sneeze? Maybe Not
Is It a Cold or Flu?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Lung Cancer: Stages and Early Symptoms of Lung Cancer
- Arthritis: What Are Early Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
- Migraine Headaches: Facts About Migraine Symptoms and Relief
- CRP Test: What Does It Mean to Have High C-Reactive Protein?
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Liver Blood Tests: What Does It Mean When Your Liver Function Is High?
- Root Canal: How Do You Know If You Would Need a Root Canal?
- Digestive System: What Is the Digestive System and Its Functions?
- Shingles Contagious: Is Shingles Contagious?
- Swine Flu: Swine Flu Symptoms and the Latest News
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart