Sugary Drinks Harm Hearts
People who consumed at least two sugary drinks per day were
about one-third more likely to die of heart disease or stroke
Some that work, some that don't, and
some that you should avoid at all costs
Health News of the Week
Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Safety
Social Media Mental Health
Risky 'Inactive' Drug Ingredients
Can Diet Reduce Dementia?
Flour Recall Due to Salmonella
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Yeast Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Yeast Infection?
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
- Breast Cancer: Inflammatory Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Symptoms and Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Fever: What Are the Signs and Symptoms of a Fever?
- Upper Respiratory Infection: How Is an Upper Respiratory Infection Diagnosed?
- Spotting vs. Period: How to Tell If It Is Your Period or Spotting
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart