Your height may play a role in how
likely you are to develop varicose veins
Ulcerative colitis is a form of inflammatory bowel disease and is slightly different than Crohn's disease. Learn about causes, symptoms, and treatment options
Parkinson's Disease Quiz
Do you know the three symptoms that develop
early in Parkinson's? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Should You Pop That Pimple?
Ground Beef Recall, E. Coli Outbreak
Fitter Folks, Milder Strokes
500 More Genes Linked to Blood Pressure
Air Pollutants Reach Placenta
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Vitiligo: What Are Vitiligo Symptoms and Causes?
- CRP Test: Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): How Can You Raise Low Blood Pressure?
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis: What Are the Side Effects of Steroid Injections?
- Gout Symptoms: Symptoms and Signs of Gout
- Charley Horse : How Do You Get Rid of a Charley Horse?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart