Men develop a dangerous type of irregular heartbeat
called atrial fibrillation a decade earlier than women
Protect Your Eyesight
Eye diseases can cause damage and blindness if not treated
soon enough. See warning signs of the most common conditions
Breast Cancer Quiz
Increase your awareness this month
by testing your medical knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
4 in 10 U.S. Adults Obese
Stroke Risk Factors Rising
Childhood Obesity Up Worldwide
Implant for Sleep Apnea
One Step Cuts UTI Risk
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- Colon Cancer: What Are Symptoms of Cancer of the Colon and Rectum?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms Associated With Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Stomach Flu: How Is Stomach Flu Treated?
- Staph Infection: What Is the Treatment for Staph Infections?
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy Week by Week
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): Is Shingles Contagious?
- Flakka: What Are the Side Effects of the Drug Flakka?
- Cellulitis: What Are Cellulitis Symptoms and Signs?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart