New research finds long-term use of antibiotics
increases odds for heart-linked death in women
Multiple Sclerosis Quiz
Multiple sclerosis is a debilitating neurological
condition. Take the MS Quiz to test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Grilled Meat, Higher Blood Pressure
Pricey Orthotic Shoe Insoles
Heart Health Goes From Bad to Worse
Binge Drinking Runs Rampant
Coffee's Big Body Effects
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Testicular Cancer: 10 Symptoms of Testicular Cancer
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Hypertension vs. Hypotension Differences
- Hemorrhoids: How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids
- Chlamydia in Women: What Are Signs and Symptoms of Chlamydia?
- Migraine Headaches: How Do You Get Rid of a Migraine?
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian Cysts vs. Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
- Flakka: Flakka vs. Bath Salts Side Effects
- Leprosy (Hansen's Disease): What Kind of Disease Is Leprosy?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart