A new move could reduce access to health insurance
benefits for people with pre-existing conditions
High Blood Pressure
What can hypertension do to your body? HBP can put you at
risk for a number of serious conditions. Here's what to look out for
Hearing Loss Quiz
Are men or women more likely to experience
hearing loss? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
'Gaming Disorder' Mental Condition
Brains Love Fat-Carb Combo
Salmonella Outbreak Sickens 60
Are Meds Making You Depressed?
Kitchen Towels Laden With Bacteria
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Poison Ivy : Is Poison Ivy Contagious?
- Early Signs of Pregnancy: 16 Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Yeast Infection: What Are the Symptoms of Yeast Infection?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Liver Cancer: Symptoms, Signs, and Survival Rates for Liver Cancer
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart