Medical Marijuana Myths Debunked
Mention legalizing medical marijuana, and people often think two things...
Test your mental health knowledge on this a
chronic, severe and debilitating mental illness
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Don't Drink Yourself to Dementia
Another Step Toward 'Heroin Vaccine'
Tobacco Kills No Matter How Smoked
Blood Thinner Stroke Risk
Processed Foods Tied to Cancer
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Diabetes: 9 Symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Shoulder and Neck Pain: What Causes Shoulder and Neck Pain?
- Psoriasis: What Does Psoriasis Look Like?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Pityriasis Rosea: What Causes Pityriasis Rosea?
- Dementia: What Are the Early Signs of Dementia?
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PVD): Are Atherosclerosis and PVD Related?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart