More than 15% of American adults are physically inactive, which greatly adds to the risk of health problems and premature death
Getting Enough Vitamin B12?
Your body needs vitamin B12 to keep blood cells healthy and to make your nerves work right. But what happens when you run low?
Health News of the Week
Women's Blood Pressure Rises Earlier, Faster
1 in 4 Kids With Autism Undiagnosed
How Coffee Is a Weight Loss Tool
More Heartburn Meds Recalled
Less Tongue Fat, Better Sleep
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Symptoms of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Alopecia Areata: What Causes Patchy Hair Loss?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Are Rheumatoid Arthritis Diets and Treatments?
- Prostate Cancer: What Are the Warning Signs of Prostate Cancer?
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Stool Color Changes: What Causes Stool Color Changes?
- Red Spots on the Skin: What Is the Cause of Red Spots on the Skin?
- Coughing: How to Stop Coughing
- Hiccups: How to Get Rid of Hiccups
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings