Test your mental health knowledge on this a
chronic, severe and debilitating mental illness
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Blood Thinner Stroke Risk
Processed Foods Tied to Cancer
Chemicals Affect Weight Loss
Keep Weight Off, Eat Slowly
New Light on Airborne Flu Virus
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Psoriasis: What Does Psoriasis Look Like?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Breast Cancer: Inflammatory Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Parkinson's Disease: Who Is at Risk for Parkinson's Disease?
- Cellulitis: What Are Cellulitis Symptoms and Signs?
- Yeast Infection: What Are the Symptoms of Yeast Infection?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart