Flu Shot Effectiveness
The 2017-2018 flu shot offered just 25 percent effectiveness. But
this year's shot offers 47 percent protection against all circulating strains
Blood Basics Quiz
How much do you know about the
blood in your body? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Diet Soda and Stroke Risk
Was LASIK Approval a Mistake?
Illegal Alzheimer's Products Warning
Has Flu Season Peaked Yet?
Dangerous Bacteria in Hospitals
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Symptoms and Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Creatinine Blood Test: Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Hypothyroidism: What Are Early Signs of Hypothyroidism?
- CRP Test: Is There a Link Between CRP and Cardiovascular Disease Risk?
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): High Blood Pressure Symptoms and Treatment
- Uterine Fibroids: What Are the Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids?
- Gastritis: What Causes Gastritis?
- Stool Color Changes: What Does Color of Stool Indicate?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart