Protect Your Eyesight
Eye diseases can cause damage and blindness if not treated
soon enough. See warning signs of the most common conditions
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
New COVID 'Close Contact' Definition
Air Pollution, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's
Plague Grows With Each Outbreak
Keep Hypertension at Bay
Heart Defects and COVID-19 Severity
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Osteoporosis: What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is the Main Cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Spotting vs. Period: Is It Spotting or My Period?
- Lower Your Blood Pressure: How to Lower My Blood Pressure Immediately
- Hiccups: How to Get Rid of Hiccups
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis): What Is Excessive Sweating a Sign of?
- Cleidocranial Dysplasia: What Is Cleidocranial Dysplasia?
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): Early Warning Signs and Types of MS
- Human Sperm: Can Sperm Survive in Menstrual Blood?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings