Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Do you get depressed as winter approaches?
You may have seasonal affective disorder, or SAD
Health News of the Week
Warning Issued for OTC Drugs
Diabetes Technology Out of Reach
Sudden Cardiac Arrest on Weekends
Self-Testing for Cervical Cancer
On-Again, Off-Again Weight-Loss Diet
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Common Cold: How Long Does a Cold Last?
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): How to Lower Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes Diet Plan: What Is The Best Diet For Diabetes Type 2?
- Thyroid Disorders: What Are Symptoms of Thyroid Problems?
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs: Am I Pregnant?
- IBS Symptoms: What Are the Symptoms of IBS?
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Serotonin Syndrome?: What Are Symptoms of a Serotonin Syndrome?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings