Gum Disease and Stroke
Gum disease may be linked to higher rates of stroke
caused by hardened and severely blocked arteries
Inflammation of the liver of any cause is referred to
as hepatitis. What puts you at risk for type A, B, and C?
Blood Basics Quiz
How much do you know about the blood
in your body? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
15 Confirmed U.S. Coronavirus Cases
Your Flu Birth Year Matters
Girls Entering Puberty Earlier
Coronavirus Cases and Deaths Rise
How CRISPR Fights Cancer
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Food Poisoning : What Causes Food Poisoning?
- Hepatitis A: What Is the First Sign of Hepatis A?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Are First Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Jock Itch: How to Get Rid of Jock Itch
- Hot Flashes: How to Stop Hot Flashes
- Muscle Spasm: How Do You Relieve Muscle Spasms?
- Menstruation Period: What Is a Menstruation Period?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: What Is the Life Expectancy With Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Spinal Headache
- Breast Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bladder Cancer
- Mood Swings