A new study suggests a moderate-carb
diet could be the key to longevity
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Autism Link to Insecticide
Zika, West Nile Cases Hit U.S.
More Alzheimer's Gene Links
Does the Tdap Vaccine Cause Autism?
Opioid-Addicted Pregnancies Quadruple
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who's at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Sinus Infection: What Are the Symptoms of a Sinus Infection?
- Pancreatic Cancer: What Is the Survival Rate of Pancreatic Cancer?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 16 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Coxsackievirus: How Many Days Does Coxsackievirus Last?
- Thyroid Disorders: 30 Thyroid Disorder Symptoms
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Causes Low Blood Pressure?
- Pregnancy Signs: 16 Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Pleural Effusion (Fluid In the Lung): What Are the Symptoms of Pleural Effusion?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart