Am I Having a Heart Attack?
With heart disease as the leading cause of death in the U.S.,
here are 12 possible warning symptoms to never ignore
Is psoriasis contagious? Can it be cured?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Processed Foods Tied to Cancer
Chemicals Affect Weight Loss
Keep Weight Off, Eat Slowly
New Light on Airborne Flu Virus
Do Germs Fall From the Sky?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Cold and Flu: How Long Is a Cold or Flu Contagious?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Is There a Cure for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?
- Sore Throat: Home Remedies to Relieve a Sore Throat
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Psoriasis: What Does Psoriasis Look Like?
- Enlarged Prostate Gland (BPH): What Is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)?
- Hemoglobin A1c Test: Read About Hemoglobin A1c Test for Diabetes
- Strep Throat: Is Strep Throat Contagious?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart