Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- When baby arrives, he or she may impact your entire life. And while the birth of a son or daughter can bring you and your partner closer, the stress of parenting and lack of sleep can be a challenge for many couples.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this advice on how couples can keep their relationship healthy and strong after baby is born:
- Remember to communicate with each other clearly and often. Make time to talk.
- Tell your partner what's bothering you, and resolve any issue as soon as possible.
- Don't blame or accuse your partner, but tell the partner how you feel.
- Make time for the two of you to be together, such as after baby goes to sleep.
- Focus on what's important, and don't stress over the small things.
- Make a list of chores and responsibilities, and make sure they're evenly divided.
- Help your partner de-stress after a particularly bad day.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.