Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons light or regular mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (panko crumbs can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) crabmeat (or 1 cup fresh crabmeat), rinsed and drained well
- Dash or two Tabasco
- Black pepper to taste
- 18 medium sized mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat slow cooker to high heat.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, fat free sour cream, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Fold in the crabmeat. Add Tabasco and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons full of crab filling into mushroom caps.
- Arrange mushroom caps (crab side up) in the bottom of the preheated slow cooker. Add cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours. Reduce heat to LOW and serve the crab-stuffed mushrooms from the slow cooker if desired.
Makes 9 servings (2 mushrooms per serving)
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 2/25/2009