- 14-ounce firm tofu
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- Cut block of tofu vertically into about 10 rectangular slices.
- In large measuring cup, blend remaining ingredients to make the teriyaki sauce. Pour sauce into 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange tofu slices in sauce. Turn slices over to coat. Broil 10-15 minutes, then flip tofu slices over and broil 8-10 minutes longer.
per serving: 135 calories, 8.4 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 5.9 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1.3 g fiber, 779 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.