Vegetarian Enchilada Crock Pot Casserole
- 8 corn tortillas
- Canola cooking spray
- 12-ounce package Morning Star Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles (Veggie Crumbles) or similar soy product that mimics cooked ground beef, thawed
- 24 ounces bottled or canned enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar and jack cheese blend
- 2-4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 6 green onions, white and part green, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- Begin heating a medium nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat both sides of a corn tortilla with canola cooking spray and place it in the pan. When both sides are lightly browned, remove it from the pan and repeat this step with the remaining tortillas. Cut each of the tortillas into 4 wedges.
- In medium bowl, combine veggie crumbles with enchilada sauce.
- Layer wedges from two tortillas (8 wedges) in the slow cooker pan and spread one-fourth of the enchilada mixture over the top. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese over the top and some of the black olives if desired.
- Repeat step No. 4 until you have made 4 layers and used up all of the ingredients. Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or LOW for 2-4 hours.
- Right before serving, spread fat-free sour cream over the top of the enchilada casserole and sprinkle with chopped green onions and avocado slices if desired.
Makes about 6 servings
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 2/25/2009