Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
If you like pulled pork sandwiches, this is a recipe that will make sure your BBQ sauce-soaked pork will be ready for you when you step in the door after work.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic seasoning blend like Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1/2 cup non-alcoholic amber beer or light beer
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with canola cooking spray. Place the pork tenderloins in the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle the garlic, salt, and pepper evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over the pork and top that with the barbecue sauce and beer. Add the cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Shred the pork with a fork and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve the pork filling on a whole grain bun or roll.
Makes about 6 servings of pork filling
Per serving: 150 calories, 23 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fat, 1.2 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, .5 g fiber, 780 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 21 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.