Lime Cilantro Chicken Recipe
This recipe works great for chicken that you use for quesadillas, nachos, or with cooked brown rice and vegetables. If you only have 2 hours, cut each chicken breast into about 4 pieces and cook on HIGH in slow cooker. The chicken should be cooked throughout in about 2 hours.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup non-alcoholic or light beer
- 1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and place them in the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, beer, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Slice or shred chicken as desired and use as filling for quesadillas or nachos.
Makes 4 serving of chicken
Per serving: 163 calories, 25 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 685 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter