Desserts: Cakes, Cookies, and others
The 100-Calorie Chocolate Cupcake
- 18.25-ounce box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 5 large egg whites (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
- Beat cake mix, water, fat free sour cream, and egg whites or egg substitute in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium speed and continue beating for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter between the 24 cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Dust the tops of the cupcakes with powdered sugar using a sifter, sugar shaker, or wire mesh strainer.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Per serving: 98 calories, 2 g protein, 18.5 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, .5 mg cholesterol, .5 g fiber, 200 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 16 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter