Desserts: Cakes, Cookies, and others
Crock Pot Chocolate Kahlua Cake
This moist cake is absolutely amazing straight from the warm slow cooker, served with a small scoop of light vanilla bean ice cream.
- 1 box (18.25 ounce) Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup 1% lowfat milk (nonfat milk or 2% milk can be substituted)
- 2 large eggs, higher omega-3 if available
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup kahlua liqueur (or similar)
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker dish with canola cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, milk, eggs, egg whites, and kahlua by beating on medium for about a minute.
- Pour cake batter into prepared slow cooker dish. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Cut cake into about 16 wedges and using a cookie dough scoop, serve each slice with a small scoop of light vanilla bean ice cream if desired.
Makes 16 servings
Per serving: 210 calories, 4 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 5.5 g fat, 1.4 g saturated fat, 29 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 314 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter