Appetizers, Snacks, Dips, Salsas and Spreads: Snacks
Oven-Baked Tortilla Triangles
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Canola cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning (sold in packets)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stack corn tortillas on top of each other and cut the stack into 8 wedges (so you will have 24 triangles altogether). Coat a nonstick cookie sheet with canola oil (you can use a silicon brush or spatula to spread it out). Lay the tortilla triangles on the cookie sheet firmly so that they are coated lightly with the oil.
- Spray the tops of the triangles with canola cooking spray, and with your fingers sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, watching carefully because they burn easily, until crisp and golden brown. Serve with bean dip or salsa or use them as garnish for soups, chili, taco salads, or other Mexican entrees.
Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 118 calories, 2 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 4.2 g fat, .4 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 75 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 32 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter