Lite Cran-Raspberry Sauce
- 15 ounces fresh cranberries (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Zest from 1 orange, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to LOW, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries and continue to simmer on LOW heat for 5 minutes more.
- Ladle mixture into three 1-cup jars (or similar), cover, and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve or give as a gift.
Makes about 3 cups
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 2/25/2009