- 1 can (6 ounces) solid white tuna canned in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion or green onions
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs (dry bread crumbs can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or olive oil (canola cooking spray can be substituted)
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, egg white, relish, Italian salad dressing, and panko crumbs.
- Shape into four patties. Begin heating nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat surface with oil or cooking spray. Add patties and fry on both sides until lightly browned. Serve with salad, soup, or whole grain bread.
2 servings (2 patties each)
Per serving: 297 calories, 44 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat, 0.8 g saturated fat, 3.2 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 47 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 697 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23 percent. Omega-3 fatty acids = 1 gram, omega-6 fatty acids = 1 gram.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2008 Elaine Magee