Quick Lemon Custard With Fresh Fruit Topping
- 1 box (4 servings) instant sugar-free lemon pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold 1% low-fat milk (or skim milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (whatever type you prefer, light or low-fat)
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh fruit, sliced (or whole blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- Pour cold milk into mixing bowl. Sprinkle pudding powder over the top. Beat on medium-low speed, scraping sides at least once, for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Add yogurt and beat on medium-low briefly to blend.
- Spoon evenly into four dessert dishes (about 1/2 cup each). Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Right before serving, top with fresh fruit.
Per Servings: (using low-fat vanilla yogurt): 138 calories, 6 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fat, 0.9 g saturated fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 378 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 11%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2008 Elaine Magee