Light Berry Dump Cake
To make half of a recipe, use a 9 x 9-inch square baking dish, 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of cake mix, and half the amount called for of the remaining ingredients. Baking time will be about the same.
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (or use partially thawed frozen ones)
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries (or partially thawed frozen ones)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- Canola cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the inside of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray.
- Combine blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon, and powdered sugar in large bowl. Spoon evenly into the prepared baking dish. Cover the mixture evenly with the dry cake mix.
- Combine fat-free sour cream, fat-free half-and-half, and butter extract (if desired) in a medium bowl with whisk or pulse until smooth in a food processor or blender. Drizzle mixture evenly over the top of the cake mix in the prepared baking dish (do not stir). Coat the top generously with canola cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm or cold. If you cut the short end of the pan into three columns and the long end of the pan into six columns, you'll make 18 servings.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2008 Elaine Magee