Latest Allergies News
The University of Virginia Health System offers these suggestions to help keep mold out of your home:
- Keep humidity at low levels -- between 40 percent and 60 percent, and use an air conditioner or dehumidifier when it's humid outside.
- Use exhaust fans to keep areas such as kitchens and bathrooms well ventilated.
- Keep carpet out of areas where moisture may collect, such as bathrooms or basements.
- Promptly and thoroughly dry any furnishings that get wet, especially carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Fix any leaky plumbing, roofs, or walls.
- Use cleaners that kill mold.
- If you're painting, add a mold inhibitor to the paint.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.