Barbecue Boneless Ribs
Who doesn't love the taste of barbecue ribs? These ribs have the taste and fall-off-the-bone texture of restaurant ribs -- but without all the grease!
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, very lean beef short ribs, trimmed of visible fat (my butcher makes it from the center brisket)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Canola no-stick cooking spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 16 ounces of the best barbecue sauce you can get your hands on
- Sprinkle ribs lightly with pepper and garlic powder.
- Start heating large nonstick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan generously with canola no-stick cooking spray. Place ribs in pan and brown ribs on all sides if possible (about 6-8 minutes altogether).
- Put sliced onion in Crock-Pot. Cut ribs into serving size pieces and put in Crock-Pot. Pour in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on LOW about 8-9 hours (HIGH about 5 hours).
Makes about 8 servings
Per serving (if half of the BBQ sauce is consumed): 221 calories, 28 g protein, 12.5 g carbohydrate, 5.6 g fat (1.8 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1.3 g fiber, 404 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23 percent.
© 2008 Elaine Magee