Hot Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce
- Multigrain tortilla chips or whole-wheat Boboli pizza crust (cut into dipping bread sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with canola cooking spray.
- In medium-size bowl, combine light cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder' then spread on the bottom of prepared pie plate.
- In medium-size bowl, combine the two cheese and two types of peppers. Sprinkle half of the cheese-pepper mixture over the cream cheese layer. Spread pizza sauce over the top of this and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese-pepper mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm with multigrain tortilla chips or whole-wheat dipping bread sticks made from Boboli whole-wheat pizza crust.
Makes 10 servings
Per serving (not including the bread dippers or tortilla chips): 136 calories, 11 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 0.4 g fiber, 313 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 53 percent.
© 2008 Elaine Magee