- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and part green
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, washed, drained well, shredded into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish (optional): salsa, fat-free sour cream, avocado
- Combine garlic, green onion, jalapeno, crabmeat, light mayo, sour cream, and cilantro in a medium-size bowl.
- Place 1 tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and sprinkle a heaping 1/8-cup measure of cheese over the top of the tortilla. Spoon 1/3 cup of crab mixture evenly over half of the tortilla.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and fold the half without the crab over to make a quesadilla.
- Repeat steps No. 2 and No. 3 with remaining tortillas, cheese, and crab mixture.
- If desired, brown and crisp quesadillas by heating in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute per side. Serve each quesadilla with desired optional garnishes such as salsa, fat-free sour cream or avocado.
© 2008 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors