- 1 cup broccoli florets, lightly steamed or microwaved
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, lightly steamed or microwaved
- 1 cup green beans, lightly steamed or microwaved
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons bottled light Italian dressing
- Add assorted vegetables to a medium-size bowl or gallon-size sealable plastic bag. Drizzle with the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Cover bowl or seal the bag and chill in refrigerator until needed. Toss well before serving.
Makes 5 servings (about 1 cup each)
Per serving 56 calories, 2 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2.4 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 99 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28 percent.
© 2008 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter