BBQ Chicken Chicago-Style Pizza Bagels
This recipe is simple when you buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use bottled BBQ sauce, already shredded cheese and seasoned canned tomatoes.
- 4 whole-wheat bagels, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded boneless chicken breast, skinless
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1 cup canned Italian Style diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil if desired. Place bagel halves on the lined pan.
- In medium bowl combine the chicken, barbeque sauce, red onions, fresh cilantro, tossing to blend well.
- Top each bagel half with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over each half. Spoon 1/8 cup of the diced canned tomatoes on top of each bagel half.
- Bake in center of oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and the bagel is nice and hot. Cut each bagel half in half or serve as is!
Makes 8 servings (a half bagel)
Per serving 225 calories, 20 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 5.3 g fat, 2.7 g saturated fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 469 mg sodium (depending on the BBQ sauce used). Calories from fat: 21 percent.
© 2008 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors