Wasabi Creamed Salmon
- 1 tablespoon light or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat- free sour cream
- 1/4 cup light teriyaki sauce (available in bottles)
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste (substitute red pepper flakes if desired)
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat or an oven to 400-degrees.
- In small bowl, blend light mayo, sour cream, teriyaki sauce, and wasabi paste. Lay 4 pieces of foil on a flat surface and place a piece of salmon on each piece of foil, skin-side down. Spread teriyaki mixture over each piece of salmon. Season with pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle green pepper slices and chopped onion over each salmon fillet. Wrap up each fillet well with foil, forming each into a self-contained packet. Place on baking sheet if using the oven and cook or grill about 15 minutes or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork at thickest part of the fillet. Serve!
Makes 4 servings
300 calories, 35 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 94 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 540 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33 percent.
© 2008 Elaine Magee