Noodles with Butter and Cheese (Beginner Recipe)
Children in France are often served this pasta dish at home and in restaurants, although the cheese usually used there is Gruyere.p>
- 2 cups cooked macaroni noodles (whole-grain blend)
- 2 teaspoons whipped butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated cheese of your choice (reduced-fat cheddar, reduced-fat Jack cheese, or shredded Parmesan
- Spread the noodles out in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle the pieces of butter over the top of noodles. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the noodles and stir the mixture together. Microwave another 30-60 seconds to melt cheese.
Per serving: 260 calories, 13 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 5.2 g fiber, 17 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2008 Elaine Magee