Latest MedicineNet News
Here are suggestions to help keep tension headaches at bay, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Help control stress and anxiety with exercise, meditation, yoga or other stress-relieving methods.
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- If you have muscle soreness in the upper back, neck or head, gently massage the muscles in these areas.
- Know what causes headaches for you, and try to prevent the condition. For example, if cold temperatures tend to cause your headaches, try to keep warm.
- Try sleeping with a different pillow, or sleeping in a different position.
- Maintain good posture. Exercise the neck and shoulders often, especially when typing, reading or working at a computer.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.