Cheddar Cheese Bite-Size Biscuits
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (an 8-ounce bag of pre-shredded cheese works perfectly)
- 4 tablespoons margarine with 8 or 9 grams of fat per tablespoon
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half
- Place whole wheat and white flour in food processor. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and margarine to food processor bowl. Pulse for about 5 seconds to blend well.
- Drizzle milk over the top of the mixture and pulse until a dough forms (about 3 seconds). Add another tablespoon of milk if necessary.
- Use about a tablespoon of dough to roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet coated with canola cooking spray.
- Cover and refrigerate cookie sheet while preheating oven to 400-degrees.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Store cheese bite-size biscuits in an airtight container or in a sealable gallon-size plastic bag. Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed up when ready!
16 servings (2 biscuits per serving)
© 2007 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 1/8/2008