Smoked Almond Goat Cheese Olive Appetizers
- 2/3 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 32 Spanish green olives, stuffed with pimiento
- Add almonds to a small food processor or a nut chopper and pulse briefly to chop. Pour into a small bowl.
- Cut the goat cheese into 8 equal pieces, then cut each of these pieces into 4 equal pieces (each piece will be about 1/4 ounce).
- Wrap each olive with a 1/4-ounce piece of goat cheese and shape into a small ball. Roll into the chopped almonds and place in a container. Repeat with remaining cheese, olives, and almonds. Once the container is filled, cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Just place them on a serving tray and insert toothpicks.
16 servings (if 2 olive appetizers per person)
Per serving (using low-fat milk): 80 calories, 4 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 263 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 67%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee