Latest MedicineNet News
Here are suggestions to help conquer bad dreams, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Reduce stress by talking to friends and relatives about what's bothering you.
- Try relaxation techniques to reduce stress and anxiety.
- If you started having nightmares after starting a new medication, talk to your doctor to find out if it could be causing your sleep problems.
- If you're taking illegal drugs or drinking alcohol to excess, join a support group to help you stop using these substances.
- Get regular exercise.
- Start a regular sleep schedule. Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day may help prevent nightmares.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.