Sweet & Spicy Pork Chops
You'll have about 5 teaspoons of the rub left over for another time. If you don't want to use Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, use 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar instead.
- 2 tablespoons Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless pork top loin center cut chops, extra thin cut (1/3-inch thick)
- Canola® cooking spray
- Preheat indoor grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the brown sugar blend, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt to a small cup and mix with small spoon to blend well.
- Coat both sides of 4 pork chops with canola cooking spray and lay them on the bottom plate of the grill. Spread a teaspoon of the rub over the top of each of the cutlets on the grill. Lower the top (if using a contact grill) and cook for 3 minutes (4 minutes if you like them well done).
- Repeat previous step with the remaining chops. Place leftover rub in a plastic bag or small covered container. Serve pork chops in sandwiches, as an entree, or in a main-dish salad.
4 servings (two thin cutlets per serving)
Per serving: 180 calories, 24 g protein, 4.5 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 178 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.