Garlic and Herb Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed, rinsed and dried well
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced shallots (freeze-dried diced shallots can be used)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely diced fresh basil (freeze dried can be used)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely diced fresh chives (freeze dried can be used)
- Salt and pepper as desired (optional)
- Preheat indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place the mushroom caps, round side down, on a plate. Add the olive oil, shallots, garlic, basil and chives to a custard cup and stir with a small spoon to blend well.
- Spread the olive oil herb mixture evenly over the tops (the flat side) of the mushrooms with the small spoon.
- Place mushrooms, flat side up, in grill and lower the top (if using a contact grill). Cook about 5 minutes. Serve as a side dish (sprinkle with grated cheese if desired) or as the filling in a sandwich.
Per serving: 50 calories, 2 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 3.6 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 3 mg sodium (more if salt is added). Calories from fat: 60%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors