Pesto, Mozzarella, and Tomato Tortilla Pizza
- 1 multigrain flour tortilla
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto (available in the freezer and refrigerated sections of most supermarkets)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, or 1/3 cup shredded part-skim low moisture mozzarella
- 1/2 medium vine-ripened tomato, thinly sliced
- Spread pesto over the top of one flour tortilla. Arrange thinly sliced mozzarella over the top of the pesto, and sprinkle Italian herbs or any salt-free seasoning of your choice over cheese. Then place tomato slices evenly on top.
- Place in nonstick frying pan and heat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, until tortilla is nicely browned on underside and the cheese is melted and bubbly on top. Cut into 4 wedges.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors