Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat blend pasta (like Barilla Plus Rotini)
- 1 cup cooked frozen cooked shrimp, lightly thawed (if the tail is on, remove tail)
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto (like Armanino frozen pesto)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red bell pepper or 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In medium, microwave-safe bowl, toss pasta, shrimp, and pesto together. Warm briefly in the microwave for a minute or two if needed. If the pasta is hot, it will usually warm the pesto and shrimp quite a bit.
- Top with shredded Parmesan and chopped red bell pepper or tomato and serve.
Per serving: 327 calories, 25 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate, 8.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 144 mg cholesterol, 5.5 g fiber, 325 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter