Quick Fix Chicken Parmesan
- 2 large (or 4 small) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil Freshly ground black pepper as desired
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bottled marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced or shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions.
- If using large chicken breasts, cut in half so they are half as thick, to make 4 thin breasts. Lightly coat both sides of each breast with olive oil. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper as desired (I used about 1/4 teaspoon).
- Add chicken breasts to the grill and lower lid if using a contact grill. Cook for about 6 minutes or until chicken is nicely brown on the outside and moist and fully cooked on the inside.
- Place chicken breasts on a foil-lined toaster oven pan (if using toaster oven) or cookie sheet (if using the regular oven broiler). Top each breast with 1 1/2 tablespoons of marinara or pizza sauce, then 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan and 1/2 ounce of thinly sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese (1/8 cup). Broil in toaster oven or regular oven until cheese is nicely melted (about 2 minutes).
- Serve as an entree or serve on a toasted whole-wheat bun as a sandwich.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 11/7/2007