Baked Bisquick Chicken Breasts
These taste great hot or cold!
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup Heart Smart Bisquick® Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper (add more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning (optional)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Spread the canola oil in the bottom of a 13x9x2-baking dish (or line with nonstick foil and coat the top of the foil with the canola oil).
- Add Bisquick, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian herb seasoning if desired to a medium sized bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast with the Bisquick coating mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Coat the tops of the chicken breasts with canola cooking spray. Bake for about 35 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is cooked throughout in thickest part.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 209 calories, 28 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat, 1.5 g polyunsaturated fat, 73 mg cholesterol, .5 g fiber, 384 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26 percent.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter