Super-Quick Peach Pie
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup less-fat margarine with 8 grams fat per tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large fresh peaches, pitted, skinned, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a deep-dish pie pan with canola cooking spray.
- Add sugar, margarine, and low-fat buttermilk to a mixing bowl and cream together on medium speed for about a minute.
- Beat in the flours and nutmeg until a crumb mixture forms. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of prepared pan. Arrange peach slices evenly on top of the crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350-degrees and continue baking for about 30-40 minutes or until the top crust is lightly brown.
Per serving: 170 calories, 2 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 28 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 16%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter