Amaretto & Spice Nectarines
- 2 nectarines
- 4 teaspoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup light vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions.
- Cut nectarines in half and remove the pit. With a small serrated knife, cut into each half from the flesh side, going halfway to the skin, in a tic-tac-toe pattern.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of amaretto over each half. Lightly coat the top and bottom of nectarine halves with canola cooking spray and place skin side down on bottom plate of your indoor grill.
- Lower the top of the grill (if using a contact grill) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove peach halves, placing two on each dessert plate. Sprinkle the top of each half with a fourth of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top each serving with a cookie scoop of light vanilla ice cream, if desired, or enjoy as is.
Per serving: 114 calories, 1 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, .7 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 5%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter