Salads and Fruit Desserts
Cinnamon-Almond Fruit Salad
This fruit salad has a nice blend of flavors from the fruit and the vanilla-cinnamon topping. The toasted almonds add crunch.
- 3 cups strawberry halves
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups seedless grapes (red or green)
- 8 ounce container vanilla yogurt (any brand or type)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (sliced, slivered, or chopped)*
- Add strawberries, blueberries, bananas and grapes to a large bowl and toss gently to blend. Divide the fruit into 8 individual salad bowls.
- Add yogurt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a 4-cup measure and stir to blend. Drizzle evenly over each fruit salad serving and sprinkle each with a tablespoon of toasted almonds. Serve!
* NOTE: to toast almonds, place in single layer in a nonstick frying pan and lightly brown over medium heat, stirring frequently. Let cool before using.
Per serving: 153 calories, 4 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, .6 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 3.3 g fiber, 23 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter