Sauces, Salad Dressings and Gravies: Cold Sauces
Use this instead of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip in your fruit salad (or vegetable salad) to save calories, fat, and saturated fat.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar (Splenda® can be substituted
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon or orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl or 4-cup measure and whisk or blend until smooth.
- Use in any fruit or vegetable salad recipe calling for mayonnaise.
servings of dressing (2 tablespoons per serving)
Per serving (2 tablespoons): 70 calories, 1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 121 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 65%
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter