Latest MedicineNet News
The Foundation offers these reasons for getting enough zzz's:
- Lack of sleep can cause problems with learning, memory and concentration.
- Without enough sleep, teens may be more susceptible to acne and other skin problems.
- Fatigue can cause aggression and irritability toward others, which can cause problems with family, friends and relationships.
- Lack of sleep can lead to overeating, and eating more unhealthy foods.
- Fatigue can make teens more likely to use nicotine and caffeine to stay awake.
- Tired teens may be more susceptible to illness.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.