Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- While breast reduction surgery can solve some physical problems and issues with a woman's self-esteem, it's not the best option for everyone.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the best candidates for this surgery are women who:
- Have physical pain or discomfort caused by their breasts, particularly back or neck pain.
- Are not just looking for cosmetic enhancements or improvements.
- Have restricted physical activity because of the size of their breasts.
- Have fully developed breasts.
- Do not plan to breast-feed.
- Are mature enough to understand the surgery and have realistic expectations of its aftermath.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.