Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Leads List of 30 Best Children's Hospitals
WebMD Health News
Reviewed By Louise Chang, MD
Latest Healthy Kids News
Aug. 27, 2007 -- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is America's best children's hospital, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2007 list of best children's hospitals.
Here is U.S. News & World Report's full list of best children's hospitals:
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children's Hospital Boston
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Children's Hospital, Denver
- Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland
- Texas Children's Hospital, Houston
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
- Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Children's National Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Columbus Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- St. Louis Children's Hospital
- UCSF Children's Hospital, San Francisco
- Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- Primary Children's Medical Center, Salt Lake City
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis
- Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA, Los Angeles
- University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, N.Y.
- Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago
- Miami Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Children's Medical Center Dallas
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
The magazine based its rankings on children's hospitals' death rates, care-related factors including the number of nurses, and the children's hospitals' reputation with 200 board-certified pediatricians, adolescent medicine specialists, and neonatologists.
In July, U.S. News & World Report issued its 2007 list of best U.S. hospitals.
SOURCES: U.S. News and World Report. WebMD Health News: "Johns Hopkins Tops Best Hospital List."
© 2007 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter