Latest MedicineNet News
Try following these suggestions from the American Academy of Family Physicians on how to help a sore throat:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like aspirin, naproxen or ibuprofen.
- Gargle a few times daily with a warm salt water solution, created with one teaspoon of salt in a glass of water.
- Suck on hard candies or throat lozenges throughout the day to keep the throat moist.
- Eat a frozen dessert, such as a popsicle or ice cream, to soothe the throat.
- In the less humid months of winter, keep a humidifier going in the bedroom while you sleep, and in other rooms you frequent during the day.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.