Chicken Cobb Salad
- 9 cups shredded romaine lettuce (or 4 1/2 cups shredded iceberg mixed with 4 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded (skinless) roasted chicken breast (about 12 ounces)
- 3 hard-boiled egg whites, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices crisp-cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (the white and part of the green)
- 3/4 cup light ranch-style salad dressing
- Distribute shredded lettuce into 6 individual salad plates or bowls. Arrange the chicken, chopped egg white, tomatoes, blue cheese, turkey bacon bits, avocado and green onion, on top of the lettuce, each in its own row.
- Drizzle about 1/8 cup of dressing over each salad and serve.
Per serving: 324 calories, 25 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 18 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 5 g polyunsaturated fat, 67 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 622 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 52%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.