Appetizers and Snacks
Baked Seasoned Potato Chips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large russet potato (or 2 medium size), about 10 ounces
- Canola cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush canola oil over the bottom of a nonstick jellyroll pan.
- Using a large, sharp, non-serrated knife, cut the potato into very thin slices (about 1/16 inch thick).
- Immediately lay the potato slices flat onto the prepared pan (they should completely cover the bottom of the pan). Spray the tops with canola cooking spray and sprinkle with the seasoned salt.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, watching carefully. Remove the chips that have browned and crisped and continue to cook the remaining chips until they become nice and crisp, too -- about 5 minutes more.
Per serving: 137 calories, 3 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 239 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 20%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter