Grilled Shrimp Appetizer
Serve the shrimp with whatever dipping sauce or salsa you desire. You can use an indoor grill with this recipe, if you like. If your shrimp are smaller than the jumbo shrimp called for below, it may take half as long to cook each side.
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (about 16), peeled, deveined, and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- About 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dipping Sauce Suggestions:
- 1/4 cup jalapeno jelly, warmed briefly in the microwave to soften
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- Salsa (like peach salsa)
- Get the grill or barbecue hot according to manufacturers instructions.
- Brush the outside of the shrimp lightly with oil. Sprinkle both sides of shrimp lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place shrimp over direct, high heat on the grill. Grill about 2 minutes on the first side, then flip over and cook about 2 more minutes until cooked throughout.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Per serving: 160 calories, 27 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 1.3 g polyunsaturated fat, 200 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 308 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.