Appetizers and Snacks
Light Sausage Balls
- 12 ounce package Jimmy Dean Light sausage (in a tube)
- 8 ounce package shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
- 2 cups Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (I had to add this to get the right texture)
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Coat a nonstick jellyroll pan with canola cooking spray.
- Just mix the ingredients all together in a large mixing bowl with your clean hands or a sturdy mixer.
- Roll into 1-inch balls (about 60) and place on prepared pan. Coat the tops of the sausage ball with canola cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked throughout.
Makes 60 balls (about 12 servings if 5 balls each)
Per serving: 175 calories, 11 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 0.3 g fiber, 498 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 39 percent
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter