- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light or regular plain yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces (or coarsely chopped walnuts)
- 1/3 cup dried fruit like raisins, cherries or cranberries (optional)
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, sugar and lemon juice to serving bowl and whisk well to blend.
- Add apple pieces, celery, walnuts and dried fruit if desired and toss everything together. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
About 4 1/2 cups (9, 1/2-cup servings)
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 7/23/2007