Desserts: Cakes, Cookies and Others
Caramel Pecan Crepes
You can use either the blender crepes or the cocoa crepes in this recipe.
- 6 prepared crepes
- 6 tablespoons bottled caramel sauce (You can use more for the final drizzle if you like)
- 6 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces (toast by lightly browning them in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, stirring frequently)
- 6 dollops of light vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Warm up one of the crepes in a nonstick frying pan or skillet for about 30 seconds over medium heat.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel sauce over the top side of the crepe. Sprinkle a tablespoon of toasted pecans over the caramel and continue to warm crepe for 10-20 seconds more.
- Flip the crepe over (to make a half circle) and flip one half over again (to make a quarter circle). Serve on a dessert plate with a cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup) of light vanilla ice cream. Drizzle a little more caramel sauce over the scoop of ice cream if desired.
- Repeat steps with remaining crepes and ingredients.
Per serving (using the blender crepe): 244 calories, 6.5 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 9.5 g fat, 2.3 g saturated fat, 4.7 g monounsaturated fat, 2.1 g polyunsaturated fat, 44 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 182 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 35%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter