Fill these crepes with fresh fruit, light frozen yogurt, or light whipped topping. You can make the batter one day in advance. Just keep it covered in the refrigerator until you're ready to make the crepes.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs (higher omega-3 if available)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend for about 10 seconds. Turn off the power, then use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender. Blend batter for about 20 seconds more. Transfer batter to a bowl and let stand, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a 9- or 10-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat until hot. Coat with canola cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, and tilt pan to spread batter into a circle. When the edges are dry (about 1 minute), gently flip crepe over and cook other side until golden and firm (about 30 seconds). Repeat with remaining batter.
Per crepe: 103 calories, 5 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 1.5 g monounsaturated fat, 0.7 g polyunsaturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 144 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.