Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- Many people taking prescription or over-the-counter medications may not fully understand how and why to take them.
If you have medication questions or concerns, talk with your pharmacist, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores advises.
Here are possible questions to ask:
- What condition is this medication for, and what is it supposed to do?
- How long should this medication be taken?
- What are the special instructions for this medication -- time of day it should be taken, how often, with food or water?
- Are there any side effects of this medication? Can this medication interact with other drugs I'm taking?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- How should the medication be stored?
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.