Halfway Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
You can throw all the ingredients (except green onions) in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for a couple of hours or bring to a gentle boil in a saucepan over the stove, cover the saucepan and simmer for an hour.
- 2 Ready to Serve cans (about 14 ounces each) of chicken noodle soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or cubed boneless, skinless roasted or grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Add all of the ingredients, except the green onions, to a slow cooker. Set the slow cooker on HIGH, cover, and let simmer for around 2 hours. If you would rather use the stove, add the ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to a gentle boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the saucepan and simmer for about an hour.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and sprinkle green onions over the top.
per serving: 280 calories, 18 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 8.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 3 g polyunsaturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 440 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28 percent
© 2007 WebMD Inc. © 2006 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors