Cinnamon Vanilla Toasted Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 rolled or old-fashioned oats
- Canola cooking spray
- Add cinnamon to a very small cup. Stir in vanilla extract and then water; set aside.
- Add about 1/2 cup of quick or old-fashioned oats to a nonstick frying pan (over medium-high heat) that has been coated lightly with canola cooking spray. Spray the top of the oats lightly with canola cooking spray, if desired. Let the oats toast for about a minute.
- Drizzle the vanilla mixture over the top and stir. Keep stirring the oats gently as they lightly brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Keep toasted oats in a covered container or sealable plastic bag until ready to use.
Per serving: 77 calories, 3 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0.4 g monounsaturated fat, 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2.1 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 15%.
© 2007 WebMD Inc. © 2006 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors